One veteran Ironman triathlete's venture into the ultramarathon realm where there are seemingly no limits to human endurance. Any triathlete who is interested in doing an ultramarathon should check here for tips and advice. For workouts leading to a successful finish at the Vermont 100 Mile Ultramarathon, you can find daily workouts at http://joegoldschedule.blogspot.com

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Question of the Week - What reasons or inspirations drove you to do your first marathon?

This Week's Question - What reasons or inspirations drove you do to your first marathon?

Or first Ironman, or first Ultramarathon?

In this part of the year, where those from the Northern Hemisphere are contemplating their athletic goals for 2010, I am very interested in why you have started doing marathons in the first place.

I am also interested in all those who are set to do their first this year; what is currently driving you to do your race?

I will post your answers this Friday, along with my own reasons why I first did my first marathon, then why I did my first Ironman, then why I did my first ultramarathon.

I will also post on Friday some well known inspirations to ultra-endurance sports (for example, Team Hoyt) which is downright admirable to all of us.

So get your posts in either here or Tweet me your posts (coachjoegold) and I'll place them on this blog. If you wish to list yours but want to remain anonymous, I'll help you out there as well.

Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment